Thursday, June 22, 2023

On My Walk This Morning 3j


What a surprise this morning!  There, alongside the canal, was a "Golden Showers" Tree 
coming into full bloom.  This is a "Cassia Fistula," one of many cassias to bloom down here,
but this one is in spring and looks like it is covered in showers of gold.  This is before the
leaves come out, so the gold really shows.  The clusters are gorgeous.




"Pinwheel Jasmine" are blooming again.


This group of "Yellow Crown of Thorns" is very bright.



Purple "Ground Orchids," which grow in the ground rather than hang on a tree.
Look carefully at the clusters, because I shall show you a new discovery later.




"Hot Pink Periwinkle"



"Raspberry Tarte Dianthus"



"Snows of Kilimanjaro Madagascar Periwinkle"




Look at these clusters!  I just met the new head gardener at this condo, and he showed
showed me some new ground orchids they just got which have huge clusters of flowers;
at first I though they were doubles.  They are beautiful.


"Ashley's Apron"  Phalaenopsis Orchids


"Crinum Lily"




Several years ago, this condo association planted eight big magnolia trees in front of
four buildings.  The trees are now four stories high. and they bear flowers over a month's time.  But these flowers are so big and heavy, this one is more than 12" across and thick, that the tree
cannot bear all of its flowers at once, but it must spread them out.  They each last for two days.

Two more gorgeous dinner platter "Magnolia Grandiflora."




"A Penny for Your Thoughts" Periwinkle




"Bismarck Palms."  If you want some variety from green palms, these make a nice change.
They usually are kept small, 10-12 feet, but they let this one get tall.  (Actually I could say
more, but I will hold my tongue for now.)

"Alocasia / Elephant Ears."  They come in many sizes and shades of green, but all large.



Here is a beautiful bed of the new "Purple  Empress Farah Diba Ground Orchids."  I really like them.


"Purple Empress Farah Diba Ground Orchids"



"Creme de Menthe" Stromache.   I like them.

 


"Blue Walking Iris."  They keep blooming and coming back and blooming some more.
They are small, and I have heard them called other names, but this one seems right.


Very nice morning walk.
__

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful picture’s John!!! Thank you for sharing with me ๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน

    ReplyDelete